Sunday, November 6, 2016

Movie Quest "Race and Ethnicity"

Lily, Qian, Xiaotong, Rico

The title
12 Years a Slave (by Lily)

Year
2013

Important actors
Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Sarah Paulson

Summary
A free African-American violinist was kidnapped by two white men. They sold he to a plantation owner, he worked as a timberjack. At this place, he witnessed many black slaves' tragedy and painful life. After 12 years slave life, he finally come back to his family and wrote his experience into a book.

Reason
I chose this movie because it is based on a real story, and the plot was really fresh and shocked to me. I think this movie has especially meaning to the black people. And watch movie is a good way to know their history.




The title

The Blind Side (by Qian)

Year
2009

Important actors
Sandra Bullock, Quinton Aaron

Summary
This movie is about an orphan adopted by a couple. He is not confident, but he has special talent in sports, and he finally entered to the college football team through his efforts.

Reason
I chose this movie because it is an motivational movie. It can brings me positive energy and full of hope. I wish I can be a positive person and bring positive energy to my friends or families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment